100k WC 2011

100k WC 2011

Gagarin Half Finish

Gagarin Half Finish
Gagarin Half Finish

Awards Gagarin Half

Awards Gagarin Half
Awards Gagarin Half

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)
Cosmonauts give out the awards

snowshoe

snowshoe

Thursday, August 16, 2012

2 Mile and 15k and off to 50k World Cup!

I am leaving for latvia tomorrow so don't have much time to post and will be without wifi while I'm there and using my smartphone to connect is not happening because of the roaming issue. The 2 mile I ran on the 4th of August was FAST. It started fast and sot faster. i went out just over 3.40/km and finished at 3.38 for an 11.57 or xc PR. I can easily eek under 12 on the track or road but never ever have I on grass and dirt! Until this yr 12.40s were probably about where it stopped on grass. I'm bummed there are no track races now because I could run a great 3, 5, or 10 and go after a PR in all of them despite being 37.  I finished 3rd and pretty much can skip the last 2 races in the 7 race series and still win. I needed to get 3rd or better to do that. I passed Anna I with 1k to go who kicked my ass in July when I had the food poisoning. I came just shy of catching Masha who was 2nd. We really do take turns beating each other. :)

                                                     Dude, you are about to be CHICKED =)
                                                        Passing Anna I. ( we also take turns beating each other)


On to the 15K at Luzhniki on the 11th. The goal was to run a tempo at 4 min/km pace or dip slightly under if I could. This time I out just over 4 min for the first 5k and then picked up a little and parked it. I could not have run a more even pace-I just parked at 4 sometimes 4.02 then 3.57 etc...but even steven splits. We had a dark horse from out of town who used to run 32 in the 10k show up and win. Oksana B. was 2nd Tanya P. 3rd and I was a close 4th-save for the dark horse it was the same 3 who took the podium in the half. At this point, the 3 of us just need to run the final 6k race Sept1 in order to keep our spots in the summer cup. My time- I said even steven-1:00.15...... best 15k time i have posted in a good 6 yrs and not far from a PR. The weather gods blessed us w/ 18C. it was sunny early on but clouded over after the race. Masha M. was there again doing her first long race. I let her go out fast in the first 5k like all youngsters like to do but just rode back about 50 meters always within striking distance. just after 5k, I made my move ,surged, and opened up a gap. I knew she'd charge hard at the finish so I needed to gap her. At the last turnaround, I had about 20 sec on her with just over 3.5k to go(course is 2x 7.5kloops). I had even less at the 7.5k at the end of the first loop so she was falling back and I was holding even. 2k to go and I gunned it in the 3.50s for good measure and she ended up 10 sec. behind me for 5th. She was really trying. Had she run a smarter race and gone out with me at a more sane pace, I may have been in trouble. :) She's a nice girl and I think she's going to get faster. Who beats who just seems to be whoever is having a better day.
                                                                 Masha
                                                 Got a spiffy new e reader I put some books and lots of videos on to watch on the road this weekend. Smthg to do on the train:) Practical prizes rule!





No comments:

Post a Comment

snowshoe

snowshoe