100k WC 2011

100k WC 2011

Gagarin Half Finish

Gagarin Half Finish
Gagarin Half Finish

Awards Gagarin Half

Awards Gagarin Half
Awards Gagarin Half

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)
Cosmonauts give out the awards

snowshoe

snowshoe

Monday, September 10, 2012

Speeding Again 1000m 30-08 and 6.1k 1-09 AND 2 mile xc 2-09

Yeah- that's a busy little schedule. I took an ez week after the 50 just doing easy runs in the 15-20k a day range but easy and on soft trail. Just did whatever my body felt like so I could recover. The following week on day 8 after the 50K, I tried 20 quick 200s to try and see how tanked my speed may be. I was hitting them on the paved hill in the park in the high 30s so seemed like my speed was coming backon schedule. Not 100% yet but at least 85%. So, on the 30th-11 days after the 50k I ran the final in our 1000m cup series and came up first woman with a 3.26. Yeah it was worse than my 1000 in June on fresher legs but for being still not 100%speed wise it was ok. I was using it as a tune up for the 6.1k two days later. The 6.1k was the final in the Luzhniki Summer Cup and at this point it was just a formality to show up and run to keep 3rd. Same for the top 2 women- just show up and run the final so as not to lose your spot.
                                                          1000m series winners

                                                           top3 ladies in the final (at Moscow State U)
                                                                  being a smartass




















                                               fast ladies- Tanya up front, me trailing, Julia in yellow and Anna in the white top

Saturday morning up for the 6.1k. I was hoping for a 5k split sub 19 but not sure where I was yet speed wise. I have never EVER gone much under 19.20 after just 2 weeks off a fast hard marathon much less a 50k. When I regularly ran high 18s back in the day in Alaska, i generally needed a good 3-4 weeks before I had that kind of speed again. Weather was perfect -cool barely 10C. Off we were and I just hung with the fast girl group with Tanya P up front and me sitting on her heels. Julia K was next to me and a new up and coming lady-Natasha P hung with us the first 3 km or so. I wanted to go about 3.45/km pace if my legs were recovered. I decided to risk it and run with Tanya. Even if she had a stronger finish, she would pace me to a good time. Ok heading into 4k tanya picked up and I decided to go along because the only way I could maybe hold off the other girls would be to gap them in the middle. My ultra legs are not great at sprint finishes. 5k came through in a blistering 18.42 but I was feeling it in the last 600 before the finish-no sprint but all i could do was hold the same pace. Still-that was not bad considering my PR of 18.37 from 97 was ages ago for one and on fresh legs. How did I pull off an 18. 42 on post -ultra legs? Holy hell! Tanya really helped pull me along though.


























Prizes- good stuff! I was surprised. For the 3rd overall in the summer series I got a new iPod!!! Yeaaa! I also got enough tea for the year. I have wanted a new iPod for a while since my classic is 5 yrs old. The nano is great for a run because it's tiny and fits anywhere. For 2nd in the 35-39 gp in the summer series I got an entertainment system. This is the first yr I didn't win this category because Oksana-overall series winner and I are only a few months apart. Fro the 6k, I got another large water boiler for said tea. Tanya was 2nd in the summer series.

Ok, the next morning, I went out to do the 2mi xc race as a workout. Lots of us were running on tired legs as many had run the 6k the day before. The first 2 loops I just went through in 4 min- my legs were not budging after yesterday's effort. I was also very just stuck in 4th behind Tamara S who ran the day before just ahead of me and a fast Katya who was on fresh legs today and a new girl who was also far from slow. So I see 3rd lady getting closer and I pulled up behind her going into the last km. With 800 to go I picked it up and dropped her to close in 3.49 for the final km -overall result a slow 12.37 but ok for a 2nd day effort. had the race been evening as opposed to morning it would have helped. I can recover in 36 hours pretty well from short races but less than 24 is tough esp since I was not sandbagging the 6k.


No comments:

Post a Comment

snowshoe

snowshoe