100k WC 2011

100k WC 2011

Gagarin Half Finish

Gagarin Half Finish
Gagarin Half Finish

Awards Gagarin Half

Awards Gagarin Half
Awards Gagarin Half

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)
Cosmonauts give out the awards

snowshoe

snowshoe

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Ending the Year With a Win and Starting off the Right Way.

29- December 4.4km in Orekhovo Zuyevo-

I have known about this run for years. I have never made it though for one reason or another. It's a nearly 3 hour haul from door to door for one. It has also conflicted with the indoor mile for several years. One year it didn't; I believe, it was 2010 when I packed my bag to take in the morning and head out. I woke up, looked out and saw nothing but freezing rain and went back to bed. Good thing I did because I would not have made it to the start line anyways since 90% of the commuter trains were cancelled because they were iced over! So, this year, I decided to finally get my butt out to this run. The mile was last weekend and I decided it was time to check this one out. I took Icebugs and flats and figured I'd decide on my warmup what to wear.

I got to the start and registration without problems and went to check out the course.There was about a 200m stretch of snicy slop on each of the 4 loops we would do, but otherwise the course was clean, so I decided to go spikeless. Now, Lena M was out there too and things have been getting too darn close in the mile again since I was not up to par. I figured, today would be close. So I decided to just go out hard from the beginning and try and open up a bigass gap. I sort of just went out hard and parked actually-ended up even 3.45/km pace soooo my speed evidentally isn't dead but was just on a bit of a hiatus over the last several weeks. For the win, I got a meat grinder- yup something I can actually use :) The goal here was to do someting new/ different and have fun. I might have a tough time chosing between this one and the 2nd mile in the indoor series next year!
 ending the year on a high note
                 u win it, u carry it! :-)
Jan 1- 3k
This one was nice. My only beef is that it was at 11AM OUCH! That required some serious use of caffeine ie Fein to get moving for this one! I just did easy runing over the last 2 days since these races were close together and my legs were pretty speedy today pacing at 3.43 this time. I lost time in the middle due to one icy turn and ice patches otherwise I was fine.  I finished 2nd to Yuliya who really pregressed over the summer at the short stuff. This was a fun event and the organization was good. Due to the horrible terrorist attacks over the weekend in Volgograd, they cancelled the costume run since the mood here is not so festive in the wake of it all, but I am glad they went on with the rest of the events. Cancelling things and hiding inside is exactly what the bastard terrorists want.There was also a kiddie run and a run with your dog which was kind of cool. Again, it's the offseason and I'm just out to have fun and maintain fitness. 
top men and women in the 3
video- look for the SKIRT at about :55
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sn2ux5Ci6I&feature=youtu.be
Now, for those of you who actually read my posts and know me, every Jan 1 I run to Father Frost's house in the forest here in the park. This was the NINTH time I have done this ( holy crap)! Guess what I did for a cooldown this afternoon? My friend Sveta and I met up for this one.  I got in 20k or so today so kept busy. Sorry, I cannot provide those cool shots of snow covered trees and trails this year, we have no snow and a crapton of ICE at the moment. It has been above freezing during the day and icing up nasty at night. We have been having a very strange warms spell for the last week or so. 






Next up will be 2013 in review and this year's Bucket List-coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

snowshoe

snowshoe