100k WC 2011

100k WC 2011

Gagarin Half Finish

Gagarin Half Finish
Gagarin Half Finish

Awards Gagarin Half

Awards Gagarin Half
Awards Gagarin Half

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)
Cosmonauts give out the awards

snowshoe

snowshoe

Sunday, January 4, 2015

December...

Running wise, December went extremely well, everything else wise-into the gutter. December opened up with the ruble devaluing into the toilet and my salary thus effectively being cut in half! It also opened with my turning 40 on the 6th. I am not going to euphemise aging like most Western cultures do. There is nothiing positive about getting OLD! Here is a shortlist of the things I have to look forward to:
Things I have to look forward to:
Wrinkles
Grey
Getting really FUGLY
Crappy recovery
Getting pathetically slow and thus completely retiring from racing
Hormone replacement therapy
Botox
Prune juice
Depends
Getting FAT (dunno lots of ppl morph into fatasses at this age)
Deteriorating health
To hell with the dating scene, I'll just be crazy bird lady (the world has plenty of crazy cat ladies)


So, there you have it in a nutshell. I painted my wall black on Facebook for my birthday, painted my nails black, donned all black for the races I did on the 6th and 7th, and just hung low. I'm also going to put to rest the questions about plans with masters running. I have no plans. I will continue to compete until my performances begin to go south due to getting older. Masters running I think is great for those who started their careers later and are still progressing. When I get to the point where it's possible that each season's performances could potentially decline and be worse than the previous one, that's when I will retire. I will keep running, but just not compete. The prospects of progressive deterioration are just too depressing. I have been competitive my whole career and am too competitive to just show up to a race and suck because I'm getting slower. I'd just rather not and it's my personal choice and decision. If I have another 5 years or 10 I'll stay in,but if things beginto go south in the next few yrs, I'm done with racing. On that note, here is December:

2Mile XC  Dec 6th-
I ran this one on my birthday but not full throttle so as to save my legs for the hard course in Yakhroma Day 2. I ended up 3rd overall 1st in the 40-49 group as the 2 mile series is done strictly by age gp. 




Yakhroma Dec 7 12k-
I ran this race every year until 2009 then took a five year hiatus. I never went top 3 here but came close a few times. The course is a difficult hilly 3k loop that this year I only did 4 times. I have to admit, it was a bit strange not running the 15k, but this run is done by age group and 39 and under does the 15k. The 40-49 ers do 12. After 60 you do 6. The irony is that at the end of the 4th loop, I was over 3 min ahead of the first lady running the 15k in the 39 and under division! Go figure! So, on day2 of racing, I felt good and put down my fastest pace ever on this course with my final lap being the fastest. 



http://dm-sport.ru/3064#more-3064

After the double, I opted to skip and 5k 10k on the 13th and just do easy distance for recovery. On the following weekend, I doubled again. Day 1 on the 20th, I ran the indoor 2 mile as part of the Srichinmoy winter indoor cup and finished second. I would just play it by ear and see how my legs felt the next morning before deciding on going to Korolev for the 20k the next morning.




... and indeed I did run in Korolev :)
The course was a icy steepple chase!!!! After running in 3rd most of the race about 30 seconds behind number two, I just got annoyed after 15k and picked it up in the 4th and final 5k loop to finish second on tired legs in this day 2 race. Temps were just above freezing making the course just nasty. I had hoped it would ice over overnight since I have icebugs , it's not an issue, ut it remained mushy and messy making for real slow going. I ended up getting a vacuum for 2nd overall and first masters. Yes, I got two to haul home :) one for me one for Coach.










ICE ICE BABY!



Last but not least, i closed out the year like I did last year in Orekhovo Zuevo with a 4k win :) Yes, my time was a minute off but the course was not clean this year like last year as there was sloppy snow to be had here too. It was also -15, but cold really doesn't bug me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

snowshoe

snowshoe