100k WC 2011

100k WC 2011

Gagarin Half Finish

Gagarin Half Finish
Gagarin Half Finish

Awards Gagarin Half

Awards Gagarin Half
Awards Gagarin Half

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)
Cosmonauts give out the awards

snowshoe

snowshoe

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Part II-Catharsis and April/May racing

I started off April with a win in the 2 mile in the morning on the 4th and a 2nd place finish in the afternoon in the 3k in Sokolniki Park and in the costumed run.I was a punk raven :)
















On the 19th I won this chilly sideways snow half- Keep Calm and Run.This one was well organized on a fun and hilly course. Thank you Sergei and the pace group for dragging me along and making it easier on a tough tummy day after food poisoning!













6 days later I won the 1k at Otradnoe in the north of Moscow. I have not run this one since 2011 because it's been the same day as Worlds/Euros 100k and last year conflicted with the Grom half.

The next day I ran the 10k at Club MIR and opted to skip the Grom Half this year. I'm trying to sace my lega for when it counts and not overrace. I don't need to be running halves every weekend. I chose to do Keep Calm and Run in lieu of Grom this year and do a couple of short races to keep my speed up after. The 10 was slow for me despite good weather and I ended up 4th. Back to back racing is just too hard and day two is always a crap shoot. I have for this reason decided to opt out of the summer 2 mile xc series. There have just been too many weekends where I have to back to back to maintain my position in that series. I'd rather not have the day 1 2 mile hurt my performance the next day.Even when i do the 2 mile not all out, it still affects the dday 2 because the act of getting up at the buttcrack of dawn and hauling my butt out there and back takes more out of me than the race itself.
MIR 10k-


...and that is pretty much what I was up to in April:) May isn't done just yet ,so I'll update soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

snowshoe

snowshoe