100k WC 2011

100k WC 2011

Gagarin Half Finish

Gagarin Half Finish
Gagarin Half Finish

Awards Gagarin Half

Awards Gagarin Half
Awards Gagarin Half

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)
Cosmonauts give out the awards

snowshoe

snowshoe

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Mile time trials May 18, July 13 and Aug 10

 Anchorage Running Club has been offering monthly mile time trials since May. This was a great way to check speed and fitness throughout the season. 

May 18-

I had just flown in from Bethel the night before and this was my first time in spikes since 2020! That said, it was also suddenly HOT like near 70 F hot when just two weeks ago I had woken up to SNOW in the yard! Somehow I had managed to put down my best mile since 2014! My goal was to keep trying to improve. I actually had not raced a mile since the Moscow indoor series in December of 2018!




July 13-

This one was not as good-4 seconds off May but this was also the time that left hammy started giving me crap and I didn't want to exacerbate the situation. I ran evenly, but just a bit slower than in May. Also, I was not surprised that speed was down as I had been upping the volume in July. 



August 10-

Apparently, four days was enough to recover from that double. I failed to mention that after the double i did a "cool down" enough to squeak in a 30k for the day. After that, I began to cut the volume to begin prepping my legs for upcoming stuff. This produced my best mile since my indoor heyday in Moscow in 2013/2014 cutting 4 seconds from the time in May. I had the irritation of little kid interference in the last 200 though that our group did not know was going to suddenly just decide to use the track during our time trial. So annoying.....







No comments:

Post a Comment

snowshoe

snowshoe