100k WC 2011

100k WC 2011

Gagarin Half Finish

Gagarin Half Finish
Gagarin Half Finish

Awards Gagarin Half

Awards Gagarin Half
Awards Gagarin Half

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)
Cosmonauts give out the awards

snowshoe

snowshoe

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Demotivation

Well here we go again.I was going to post on the rest of my January racing, but not in the mood right now.
100km World Championships 2014 Cancelled in Latvia

We regret to announce that the 100km World Championships 2014 scheduled to be held in Daugavpils, Latvia have been cancelled.  

The Local Organizing Committee unfortunately has not been able to secure the sponsorships required to host the championships.

We understand that the championships are of prime importance to our athletes. Keeping this in mind we have begun discussions to secure another venue for the championships. The discussions are still ongoing and we hope to come back with some more news by the end of next week. We apologize the inconvenience that the cancellation has caused our athletes and member federations.

We request that you stay tuned to our website as we progress through the required steps in order to secure another venue for the championships.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Nadeem Khan
Director of Communications
nadeem.khan@iau-ultramarathon.org




Only this time it's happened to us. I had a hunch something was up when I hadn't heard from our team manager in January after asking a few questions on 50K dates and etc. He is always on top of things. I just knew something was up.

So now, I am just flat out demotivated. When we got Worlds last yr I was going tospend 2014 training my ass off for our 50k World Cup that was supposed to be in June as a tune up before the 100k in August. I really wanted to go after my best performance on a familiar course where I was comfortable and had had success before. Doing a spring marathon is really not feasible. It's just flat out not in my budget to be able to afford a marathon somewhere in Europe March-April ish. Honestly, I'm not much of a marathoner. I do far better at the 50 and 100k and that's what I train for. That's my thing to do.

The really shitty part of this whole mess is that I am actually in decent shape now just getting ready to tweak things before a few spring halves I was to use as stepping stone races before that 50k. I started upping the volume in January. The past few Saturdays, I've been doing short races then going out for a run after to the tune of about 25k or so then doubling back Sunday for 30-35 ish soon to do 40. My body has been responding well and lump I had on my left achilles is now gone for the first time in years. I'm not getting any younger and want to chase after another PR in the 50 and 100 while I still can. I don't have next year or whenever to put that off to. On the Daugavpils course I could have realistically done that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

snowshoe

snowshoe