100k WC 2011

100k WC 2011

Gagarin Half Finish

Gagarin Half Finish
Gagarin Half Finish

Awards Gagarin Half

Awards Gagarin Half
Awards Gagarin Half

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)
Cosmonauts give out the awards

snowshoe

snowshoe

Monday, October 3, 2011

Busy Times 2k 2mi 10k.....

I've been using short races to get speed up and maintain fitness post 100K since recovery is still going well,knock on wood. 24 Sept, I ran and won an XC 2K here in Moscow. Time not bad as it was definitely not a fast surface-crushed limestone 7.25(still better than sptingtime though on fast pavement...hmmm). Busy weekend it was I then followed up w/ a 2 mile I used strictly as speedwork -finished 3rd overall 2nd in my division just over 12 min-speed is really beginning to come back now. OK I needed to work on speed and endurance for this workout so after I ran the women's 2 mi I jumped into the men's which started about 15 min later. I planned to run 4/mink and that's just what i did finished 12.49 not pushing the pace but running at steady effort. 2Oct. winter is on its merry way and with temps barely above freezing, I went to Gzhel for the 10k. Plan here was to start at 4 min pace and slowly pick up but the gale force winds put a damper on that. I ran steady save for the few k dead into the wind that were just over 4 min then compensated and ran the sheltered sections of the course sub 4 closing w/ a 3.49. I finished 5th and got a pretty ceramic teapot from Gzhel- they are famous for their beautiful porcelain works.I have always liked their work and the pretty blue and white colors they use.  I fly to the US just 5 days before the Chicago Marathon. I have a number and if my legs feel OK and it's NOT above 20C, I might do it as an intermediate long run between the 100K and theChicago Lakefront 50/50. I don't want to trash  my speed again because if speed is good, I may try for the course record in the 50K if I'm having a good day.
                                                              2mile SriChinmoy (they put on very well organized races )




                                                                 2k
                                                                          2k
                                                                                                  2mi
                                                                                2mi
very pretty teapot from Gzhel

No comments:

Post a Comment

snowshoe

snowshoe