100k WC 2011

100k WC 2011

Gagarin Half Finish

Gagarin Half Finish
Gagarin Half Finish

Awards Gagarin Half

Awards Gagarin Half
Awards Gagarin Half

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)
Cosmonauts give out the awards

snowshoe

snowshoe

Monday, February 4, 2013

Indoor Mile 20 Jan-Really?!

lucky 13 ...


                                                        striped socks baby!(December run)


Yeah- no farting around this time. I don't know what got into me but I ran the first 300 with the ladies this time and saw my first 400 was going to be 87 ish(aka too slow) and just took off and ran my own pace. First 800 was not barn burning because I ran the first 300 slower (2.53) but then just dropped the hammer picking up the pace on every lap to drop the 2nd half in 2.48. Lena hung on until about 800 and she and the rest of the pack dropped off ...A LOT. I ended up winning by 14 seconds! FINALLY, I wasn't afraid to lead and just run my own damn pace with no one to hold me back. My mistake is hanging with Lena tactically all the time but getting nailed in the end because she has a better kick. Coach told me to just pound the pace from the get go and they should drop off...well that ALMOST worked in December. I moved later and Lena was able to answer. Oh, and the really cool part was I had the top time of the day across the board. Running with the 29 and under youngsters would not have helped me as top lady was only 5.46. That's not allowed anyways. Soooo the plan for the final in February is to not mess around and just run my pace from the get go. If someone goes with me, fine, but at least I will run a far better time by not sitting back and sandbagging on someone's heels. I think I just finally got sick of finishing 2nd all the time in the mile even though it's totally not my distance. I seem to be on a mission to prove ultrarunners can still be speedy too and break the stereotype that we have no leg speed for the shorter races.

Oh, and yes, it has taken me forever to find time to post because my underemployment is over and I have now picked up a couple more kiddies, so I am booked now in my afternoon/eve time and am waitlisting the rest or referring them to other teachers. I suddenly just got bombarded with requests after the holidays. Careful what you wish for:) So my routine is now,eat,sleep, work, run study,repeat (yeah still doing correspondence classes via Uof Alaska Fairbanks). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

snowshoe

snowshoe