100k WC 2011

100k WC 2011

Gagarin Half Finish

Gagarin Half Finish
Gagarin Half Finish

Awards Gagarin Half

Awards Gagarin Half
Awards Gagarin Half

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)
Cosmonauts give out the awards

snowshoe

snowshoe

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Moscow Masters Championships 16-17 June


Day 1- 1500


This was fun- I saw so many familiar fases I hadn't in ages. This is a 2 day meet and I usually just opt for the 3000 on day 2 ,but I did the 1500 Friday night and then the 3000 the next day. I was able to pull off a win in my category -they do 5 year brackets which is the way it should be. Let's face it, there are a number of races in the States that do 10 year brackets which is a crock of crap after 40. I'm approaching the end of a 10 year bracket, but I am still competitive, but not everyone can do that and putting someone who has just moved into the masters with someone nearly 50 is truly a crock of crap. Likewise putting someone who has just moved into the 50-59 against someone nearly 60 is also a crock and so on. It's always been 5 year brackets here at masters meets and it is at the international level as well at World Masters. 

We got slammed with 32 degree heat in the sun Friday evening, but I held up ok and put down a decent tie for the win. It's nice having people to run with to push you to go harder. It's also nice to get back on the track since I have near ZERO opportunity for that in Anchorage because USATF quit putting on outdoor summer meets after 2019. That's such a shame too because they used to have quality all comers meets as well as a state championship.  The running club does offer monthly miles which does help, but lately it's just been Leonid to run with at my level and I need competition to push me to do better. 















Day 2 was the 3000 and once again we had 32 degree heat. I chose to go out slow in the first km. We had had little time to recover from the 1500 and many of the other ladies were doing the double. My first km was my slowest and I slowly crept up and passed people in the middle and final km. I won my division again and time was not bad at all for heat and tired legs :)




















No comments:

Post a Comment

snowshoe

snowshoe