100k WC 2011

100k WC 2011

Gagarin Half Finish

Gagarin Half Finish
Gagarin Half Finish

Awards Gagarin Half

Awards Gagarin Half
Awards Gagarin Half

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)
Cosmonauts give out the awards

snowshoe

snowshoe

Friday, July 7, 2023

Zelenograd Half 2 June

 It's been TEN YEARS since I did this one. My first time was in 98 when I was in grad school and Boris Prokopiev was still the RD. I have so many fond memories of this race through the years including in 2003 when I flew in the day before and got up and popped a 1:26 the next day! 

The course has since changed and is now 2 loops but with many tight 180 degree turns that slow it down. It was a warm and very windy one this time-25C as I ran by according to the thermoeter. I ended up 7th overall this time and 3rd masters. My legs were grumpy and I just couldn't get enough fluids despite drinking like a fish. 

These guys get my best socks and best shirt award-Life is too Short to Run Shit Races! Best quite ever and it's on the sleeves of the longsleeve shirt. 


                                                                Boris Prokopiev






And after the finish I got to finally see one of my best friends Sasha, who lives nearby. We met at this race in 98! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

snowshoe

snowshoe