100k WC 2011

100k WC 2011

Gagarin Half Finish

Gagarin Half Finish
Gagarin Half Finish

Awards Gagarin Half

Awards Gagarin Half
Awards Gagarin Half

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)
Cosmonauts give out the awards

snowshoe

snowshoe

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

June Racing part 2-Moscow Masters Championships and more

Moscow Masters Championships 15-16 June

I ended up repeating the 1500, 3000 double as I did it last year. It was also warmer than last year. On day 1, it was 29 for the evening 1500 and 30C on the track for the 3000.  My legs were still not at 100% yet speed wise either. Apparently, it was taking longer to come off of Arctic Valley. That coupled with the heat had my times slower on both days. It was still good enough for the win in the 1500 and second in the 3000.



















20 June 1000m at the OLD Medik stadium:

Earlier in the day we had a TORNADO-yes, several in the Moscow area! I didn't even know that was meteorologically possible in these latitudes. Scientists here were all pointing to climate change, which leads me to believe if it can happen here, it can happen in Alaska in my lifetime. On the plus side, it dropped to 13C by the time I ran the 1000 at 8:30PM. I was FINALLY aboe to run a decent time and I chicked all the boys!
















As you can see, the stadium has not been resurfaced in a good 30 some years. It was in disrepair when I trained here in grad school summer 98, 2000,2001.

PARK RUN two days later, where I finished second, but just missed beating my time from Nationals last yr by 2 seconds!





MEDTROIKA photos below:























June was closed out with the Medtroika on the 30th. This one was a scorching 31 C for the evening race. It's always very well organized and the race director does an excellent job. I got to see several old friends including a good one from work way back in the day who has become quite the speedy runner! Good gods, I got put into the fast heat with all the youngsters! All of our times were slower than normal because of the heat, but I held my own for 2nd. Ugh, I was way off last year's time, but last year, it was 23C


No comments:

Post a Comment

snowshoe

snowshoe