100k WC 2011

100k WC 2011

Gagarin Half Finish

Gagarin Half Finish
Gagarin Half Finish

Awards Gagarin Half

Awards Gagarin Half
Awards Gagarin Half

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)

Cosmonauts give out the awards:)
Cosmonauts give out the awards

snowshoe

snowshoe

Friday, July 5, 2024

Spring racing- April 2024

 




Last week of March- Mid late April
On March 22, I flew home to Anchorage for my routine week of boob ckecks (MRI, report, follow up, etc.) . All that was normal thank the gods. However, I arrived to a District Court summons that started already the followng Monday and unlike trial court, District does not email the notices! It would keep me on the hook until April 19 because deferring to the summer was a NO- going back to Russia for a couple months at least and the option they offered was late January which I also vetored because it would be a trip right after witer break on my own dime! So I just hunkered down and did my month in April. Thankfully, my principal was really understanding and said, it's jury duty, it's beyond your control. This allowed me four weeks to get in quality training and even two back to back unplanned races the 20th and 21st of April as tune ups for the upcoming season. I have not raced this early in YEARS. I did a random February race in Homer in 2017and the Little Su 50 in 2016 and that was it since my expat days in Moscow when I had access to quality, year round, options. 2023-24 was the second snowiest winter on record in Anchorage. Here are some pix starting from the last week of March when Snowzilla was still out until late April of said training:
















Preview of the Boondocks course :















Boondocks Breakaway 5K 21 April:

This was a day 2 race on as you can see, every surface imaginable! Day 2 is never very good for me and my legs are always far from 100%. Right away when I was warming up, I knew my legs were still heavy from the previous day. I ended up finishing 2nd on flat legs and got some nce coffee to boot! Anchorage Running Club puts this one on and they did a good job:)









Superhero Showdown 20 April  -YES 420! Still very rusty and not having raced since August, I managed to finish 3rd overall which surprised me. Skinny Raven puts this one on and there's always a ton of runners at their events. Not a bad start to an early season. It was +2C at the start-not hot not cold.







No comments:

Post a Comment

snowshoe

snowshoe